Township is looking for a (contract) designer!
Township is looking to add an experienced, US-based product & UI designer to our remote team! This is a full-time contractor position with potential to become full-time employment. Initial contract is for three months.
Township is a fully remote, US-based digital product agency. We have a few strongly held convictions:
We take care of each other | We believe strongly that companies should take care of their employees, and that employees should take care of each other. We create an environment that allows for growth, trust, and belonging across the team.
Do great work, and then do something else | We ask a lot of our team, but we also know that your job is only part of your life. We’ll keep you busy during ‘working hours’ but leave you plenty of time to pursue the things that are important to you outside of your job. We are committed to a 40 hour work week.
Great products are crafted by integrated teams | We believe that great products are created through the close collaboration of design and engineering. Our engineering team plays a big part in our design process, and our design team collaborates closely with the engineering team at all stages of the development process.
- Uses their familiarity with web and engineering limitations to design proactively, and routinely contributes in engineering-focused meetings.
- Has the vocabulary and articulation to explain concepts to folks with and without backgrounds in design.
- Pays special attention to creating designs that are accessible and usable by everyone.
- Translates style guides into intuitive user experiences.
- Uses rapid prototyping and animation to express design concepts.
- Spends most of their day completing projects in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, and InVision.
- Is passionate about personal growth as well as helping improve the quality of work across the team.
- Cultivates an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration.
If you check most or all of these boxes, we would love to consider you for a product & UI designer contractor position. Most qualified applicants will have 5 to 7 years of professional product and UI design experience and have worked successfully on a remote team before.
How to Apply
To apply, please email Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org the following information by Friday, November 6:
- Portfolio of digital product design work
- Pay requirements
Township strives to contribute to the health and happiness of each one of its teammates by providing a workplace that is free from harassment, discrimination, or retaliation. All aspects of employment are rooted in respect and responsibility to those around us, whether that be our teammates, clients, or our greater community.
Township does not discriminate on the basis of religion, disability, marital status, age, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Township is explicitly anti-racism.
Township is an equal opportunity employer. We are all responsible for upholding this policy. Current and prospective teammates are welcome to discuss any questions regarding equal employment opportunity with Township’s leadership.